Sunday, January 2, 2011

Clever Casserole: {Lemon Pepper Chicken & Rice}

Photobucket


Printer-Friendly Recipe



Clever Casseroles: more alliteration!  I know, the cheesiness abounds, but there's something I love about so many letters rolling off the tongue so easily.  This is another UN-recipe; a recipe so simple and so delicious, I'm almost embarrassed to admit I didn't come up with it myself.  This is another from the great mind of my sister-in-law, Sarah, who also brought us the delicious alfredo sauce recipe.

This is one of the easiest weeknight meals you will ever cook.  There are only 4 ingredients (5 if you count the water), and they all come together so quickly, and simply that you will be amazed.  I'm not usually a lover of rice, but this rice cooks in the sauce, and it all comes together like a gravy.  It's delicious.  So, even if you're not a rice lover, give this a try anyway!  You could probably try it with Orzo pasta, too.  I haven't attempted it yet, but I will in the future, and I'll update you when I do!


Hallelujahs:Simple, Easy, Few Ingredient, Delicious
Hellfires:NONE!


Ingredients:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or 8-10 boneless skinless chicken breast tenders as I've used here)
2 cups of white rice
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
2 cans of water
Lemon Pepper Seasoning to sprinkle over the top


-Preheat oven to 400*
-In a bowl, whisk together the two cans of cream of chicken soup, and two cans of water.
Photobucket
-Add your rice to a roasting/brownie pan
Photobucket
-Pour the soup and water mixture over the rice
-Nestle your chicken amongst the rice and sauce
-Grab your Lemon-Pepper Seasoning
Photobucket
-Sprinkle the Lemon-Pepper seasoning evenly over the top of the dish
Photobucket
-Cover with tin-foil
-Bake, covered for 30 minutes.  Then, remove the tin-foil and stir the chicken and rice.
Photobucket
-Replace the tin-foil, and bake another 30 minutes or so, until the rice is fluffy, and soft.
Photobucket
-That's it!  Now serve with some bread, and enjoy!!
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. I love this recipe my family loves it. we have changed it up just a bit to suit our tastes but even making it as described above was fabulous thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what about subing some of the water for lemon juice? i am hunting for a lemon pepper chicken and rice recipe, I will put this in my to try box!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I added 3 cups of rice and 2 cans of cream of chicken and 1 can of cream of mushroom. Very simple recipe. Just had to make a lot for my family. Thank you for this!! Not done yet. Cooking time is longer since I added more. But excited to try it and it smells and looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not bad, but chicken was a little too dry for my liking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The chicken turned out great, but the rice was undercooked. It might help to specify a size for the dish...I used a 9 x 13 glass pan and the liquid was just to the top. Will try a bigger size next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this recipe and it has become a family favorite! I sometimes vary it by putting a small bag of peas and carrots in with the rice or dicing up squash or tomitillos (sp?). I have not had ANY issues with the chicken being dry or the rice not being done. This is most DEFINITELY a keeper recipe! Thank You for sharing it ! =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do everything exactly the same except I use yellow rice instead of white and it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! The yellow rice has a seasoning in it adjust that makes it delicious already and when added to this recipe it makes it even better!

      Delete