Sunday, January 16, 2011

{Herb-Roasted Potato Wedges}

Photobucket

Before I even start, let me just go ahead and apologize for the terrible photography.  Ashlyn is teething right now, and is currently testing the limits of my multi-tasking abilities, as well as the strength of each and every muscle in my arms.  Oh, and let's not forget my nerves!  Anyway, it was a chaotic night, and the photography suffered.  But, don't let the terrible photography keep you from trying this recipe.  It's easy, delicious, and a much healthier alternative to french fries.  I serve them with chicken, burgers, steak, and sometimes I serve them all by themselves!  I'm giving you the recipe that I use when making these, but feel free to play around, and get creative.  If you have a favorite herb, or seasoning mix, throw it on those babies!

This is another recipe brought to me (and to you!) via my amazing little brother.  He makes these with olive oil coating the bottom of the pan instead of melted butter.  I'm sure this is a much healthier option than the 1-2 sticks of melted butter I prefer.  But, I just prefer the flavor of melted butter to that of olive oil...and I've come to love the extra 'junk in my trunk,' because of it.  So you decide what you prefer, and what you can live with, and go from there!  These can be prepared either in a roasting pan, or a cookie tray with a 1/2-1" lip.

Hallelujahs:Easy, delicious, healthier than french fries
Hellfires:Although they are incredibly easy to make, they do take almost an hour to bake.


{Herb-Roasted Potato Wedges
Ingredients:
4-5 large baking potatoes
1-2 sticks melted butter (or you could use olive oil to coat the bottom of your pan)
Your favorite herbs (I use S/P, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Italian Seasoning, and Rosemary)
-Preheat oven to 400*
-Clean your potatoes well, scrubbing the dirt off.
-Cut them in half length-wise.
-Cut each half into fourths, on an angle in order to get the wedge shape.
-Pour your melted butter into your cookie tray or roasting pan.
-Place potatoes on pan, and sprinkle with the herbs
Photobucket-Flip wedges over, and sprinkle the other side with herbs
-Roast for 30 minutes.
-Remove from oven and flip wedges over.
Photobucket-Roast another 20 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender on the inside, and slightly crispy on the outside.
Photobucket
-Serve!

1 comment: